|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Salt and pepper||1|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon, made|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 355 degrees.
2) Lightly grease a 5 to 6-inch round souffle or baking dish. Keep aside.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Gently cook for about a minute without browning.
4) Stir in the milk very gradually, beating well constantly so that a very smooth sauce is formed. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat and gently cook over low heat for about 3 minutes.
5) Add seasoning to taste, add the grated cheese and mustard. Stir till the sauce is smooth and the ingredients have all blended well.
6) Take the pan off the heat. Allow to cook and then beat in the egg yolks.
7) Whisk the egg whites in a basin till they are stiff. Fold into the cheese mixture with the help of a metal spoon.
8) Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and place in the center of the preheated oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or till the souffle has risen and is brown.
9) Serve immediately with grilled tomatoes or sauted mushrooms on the side.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.4%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 398.4 mg132.8%
Sodium 394.7 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.43 g1.7%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 42.2% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet