Sweet Potato Souffle
|Sweet potatoes||6 Medium|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||2 , beaten|
|Lemon juice/Orange juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Butter a soufflé dish.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
4. Boil the potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
5. Drain well in a colander and let dry in the steam then tip into a bowl
6. Mash the boiled potatoes with a potato masher.
7. Blend in the egg yolks, milk, sugar, nutmeg and melted butter, beating with a wooden spoon.
8. Fold in the raisins.
9. Turn mixture into the buttered dish.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes till fluffy and golden.
11. In the meantime beat the egg whites with sugar and lemon juice until stiff.
12. Top the soufflé with the meringue.
13. Place under a broiler for few minutes to brown the meringue.
14. Take the soufflé straight from the oven to the table.