Perfect French Fried Onions
|Mild onions||8 Large (Bermuda Or White)|
|Sweet milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (In Shallow Pan)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Peel the skin on the onions slice ¼ inch thick, separate rings.
2. Heat oil in a wok or in a deep fat fryer.
3. In a large shallow pan, beat the eggs and combine with the milk.
4. Working in Batches, drop the onion rings, into the mixture and toss to coat them.
5. Picking one ring at a time, allow the excess liquid to drip back into the bowl and drop into the pan of flour.
6. Toss the rings in flour to coat each ring well. Shake off excess flour
7. Drop into hot oil, and fry until golden and crisp.
8. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
9. Serve hot and crispy along with burgers or fried fish.
Work in batched and do not coat too many onion rings at a time as the flour will get pasty and the rings be crisp.
Calories 917 Calories from Fat 584
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.7%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.3 mg35.1%
Sodium 136 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 55 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 30% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet