Perfect French Fried Onions
|Mild onions||8 Large (Bermuda Or White)|
|Sweet milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (In Shallow Pan)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Peel the skin on the onions slice ¼ inch thick, separate rings.
2. Heat oil in a wok or in a deep fat fryer.
3. In a large shallow pan, beat the eggs and combine with the milk.
4. Working in Batches, drop the onion rings, into the mixture and toss to coat them.
5. Picking one ring at a time, allow the excess liquid to drip back into the bowl and drop into the pan of flour.
6. Toss the rings in flour to coat each ring well. Shake off excess flour
7. Drop into hot oil, and fry until golden and crisp.
8. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
9. Serve hot and crispy along with burgers or fried fish.
Work in batched and do not coat too many onion rings at a time as the flour will get pasty and the rings be crisp.