|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 325°F before baking.
2) Whip egg yolks it they become thick and lemon-colored.
3) Slowly beat in half of granulated sugar and then mix in lemon juice and rind.
4) Whip egg whites with salt until foamy and slowly mix in remaining granulated sugar, beating well.
5) Continue beating till the mixture reaches a peak stage and then add into egg-yolk mixture, mixing well.
6) Take a straight-sided 1 1/2 -quart baking dish, preferably pottery; lightly butter and sprinkle it with sugar and pour the mixture into it.
7) Put the dish over a pan of hot water and bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
8) Take off from oven and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
9) Serve immediately.