1. Wash and cut the potatoes into strips.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water with ice and leave it for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from water and pat dry the potatoes completely.
4. Pour oil in a heavy pan and bring the oil upto 350-375 degree, use a thermometer to check the temperature.
5. Place a handful of the potatoes strips into the hot oil and deep fry them for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove the fries using a tong or spider skimmer and place it on a paper towel, drain out the excess oil.
7. Place the French fries in a paper bag and season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
8. In a bowl combine safflower mayonnaise, wasabi mustard and fresh thyme, mix everything well.
9. Serve the French fries with your variety of dips.