|Black cherries||1 1⁄2 Pound, pitted|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dark rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven at 425°F
2) In a bowl beat eggs.
3) Sift flour and mix with eggs.
4) Add pinch of salt and 4 tablespoons of sugar.
5) Heat milk till lukewarm. Add egg mixture and stir constantly.
6) Stir in rum.
7) Grease a wide shallow ovenproof dish thoroughly with butter.
8) Add cherries and pour batter on it.
9) Dot with remaining butter.
10) Bake in the center of oven for 25-30 minutes.
11) The batter should look like baked custard with cherries floating on top when done.
12) Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar on custard and serve lukewarm.