Aubergines French Style
|Aubergines||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon, blended|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned|
|Garlic salt||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
1) Lightly add salt to aubergines and roll them in flour.
2) Heat oil and brown both sides of coated aubergines in it for about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in tomatoes and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
4) Blend flour with water and boil this mixture with the vegetable mixture until thickened.
5) Mix in garlic and salt.
6) In a shallow ovenproof dish, arrange the mixture and grill under low heat to keep it hot.
7) In a pan, over low heat, heat butter and sauté breadcrumbs in it until the crumbs absorb fat.
8) Make a mixture of breadcrumbs and cheese and spread this over the vegetable mixture and brown under grill until crisp.
9) Serve hot.