French Turnip Soup
|Vegetable stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 Large|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Bread croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Remove the skin of turnip and dice them properly. Rinse them by running under the cold water.
2. Get rid of the roots and coarsely halve the outer leaves from the leek, and rinse them by running thoroughly under the cold water and get rid of all traces of the dirt.
3. Chop leeks coarsely and coarsely chop the onions too after peeling.
4. Take a large pan and soften the butter in it and add the vegetables.
5. Put the lid over the pan and allow the vegetables to cook for about 10 minutes at low heat without allowing them to brown.
6. Stir in the remaining flour and cook for few more time.
7. Add the stock gradually and season it with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Cook the soup over low heat for about half an hour until the vegetables are finely done.
9. Allow the soup to cool a little and puree it in a blender or food mill or rub it through the fine sieve.
10. Reheat the soup in a pan.
11. Whisk the egg yolk and cream in a small bowl and add little hot soup and stir it back to the soup.
12. Reheat the soup over low heat and boil it for some time.
13. Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.
14. Serve the soup immediately with a bowl of croutons.