Burgundy Beef Balls
|Instant beef bouillon granules||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Burgundy wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. Take a ¼ cup hot water and 1 teaspoon instant beef granules and mix it with onion, salt, ground beef, egg and parsley. Mold the mixture in balls and position half of them over microwave-oven-safe roast rack set in 2-quart glass baking dish or 8-inch square baking dish. Cover the dish with waxed paper.
2. Bake in microwave for about 4 ½ minutes at high heat, rotate the dish once to one-half turn. Take out the liquid and put meatballs in a microwave –oven-safe dish.
3. Cover the dish and repeat the procedure with remaining meatballs.
4. Add instant beef granules to ¼ cup hot water and stir until dissolved.
5. Take a 1-quart glass measuring pitcher and add butter to it. Microwave the butter at high. Add flour, broth, wine and stir them in gradual manner. Add basil, garlic, and ketchup. Cook the mixture uncovered for about 4 minutes at High until it becomes thick. Stir the mixture two times during the cooking time.
6. Spoon the sauce over meatballs and cook it uncovered in microwave for about 2-3 minutes at high until the serving temperature.
7. Serve as required.