Very Simple French Onion Soup
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|French bread slices||4 (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1) Peel and slice onion.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
3) Take a saucepan, melt butter, and stir onion.
4) Cover with a lid and cook until onions turn soft.
5) Pour in the chicken or beef stock.
6) Season with salt, cover, and let it simmer for 30 minutes more.
7) Take French bread and spread butter on either side.
8) Sprinkle cheese on either side of the bread slice and bake until the cheese melts.
9) In serving bowl, serve bread with soup garnished with remaining cheese.