Twice Baked Goat's Cheese Souffles With Apple & Walnut Salad
|Unsalted butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Full fat milk||1 Pint, warmed (600 Milliliter)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||4 Large, separated (Plus 1 Large Egg White, Use The Yolk)|
|Egg white||1 Large (Use The Yolk)|
|Rindless goat cheese||6 Ounce, crumbled (175 Gram)|
|For the parmesan glaze|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|For the apple & walnut salad|
|Mixed salad leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), picked and washed (Handful Of Baby Leaves)|
|Rocket leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), washed|
|Red apple||1 , cut into fine matchsticks|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnut pieces||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and use about 1 tbsp to grease 6 x 200ml souffle dishes. Place the remaining butter back on the heat, then scatter over the flour and mix well. Cook for 5 mins stirring constantly, then gradually whisk in the warm milk, a little at a time, until you have a thick, smooth mixture. Stir in the Parmesan, mustard and thyme, then set aside to cool slightly. Beat in the egg yolks, fold through the goat's cheese, season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a large bowl.
2. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they just start to stiffen and hold peaks. Use a metal spoon to fold them into the cheesy mixture, in 3 additions.
3. Spoon the mix into the souffle dishes, then sit them in a roasting tin. Pour boiling water into the tin to reach halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake the souffles for 20-25 mins until they are risen and coloured. Remove the dishes and set aside for 10 mins. Run a knife around the edges, then turn out onto an ovenproof tray. The souffles can now be kept covered in the fridge overnight or frozen for up to a month. Defrost fully before reheating. To make the Parmesan glaze, whisk the cream, Parmesan and egg yolk until combined.
4. About 15 mins before you are ready to eat, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Drizzle the tops of the souffles with the glaze. Bake for 10 mins, then finally flash under the grill until the tops are golden.
5. Make the salad. Toss the salad leaves, apple, chives and walnuts. Mix the red wine vinegar and olive oil together, season, then dress the salad. To serve, place the souffles in the centre of the plates and scatter salad around each.