Leeks Au Gratin
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Properly wash the leeks and trim the coarse green tops off.
3) In boiling salted water, cook the leeks till they are tender and then drain them. Place in a casserole which has been buttered.
4) With flour, milk and 2 tablespoons of butter, make a sauce and add cheese to it. Stir till the cheese has melted and then add pepper, salt, mustard and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5) Pour the sauce all over the leeks and sprinkle breadcrumbs all over. Dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
6) Cook for nearly 25 minutes or till the top of is browned and crisp.
7) Serve hot.