Cabillaud Au Gratin
|Light cream/Milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Cod fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen shrimps||12 Ounce (1 Small Package)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) In boiling water, add salt and cook the potatoes. Drain properly and allow potatoes to dry over low flame. Add cream, 2 tablespoons butter and beaten egg. Whip till mixture is fluffy.
3) In a skillet, put the fish along with lemon juice, wine and just enough salted water to cover the fish. Poach for about 15 minutes and drain carefully. Reserve the stock and coarsely flake the fish making sure that all the skin is removed.
4) With the remaining butter, flour and 1 cup of reserved fish stock, make a sauce. Add cheese and seasoning to taste and put the shrimp in.
5) Into an oven dish, put the poached fish and add enough sauce to dampen. Cover with potatoes and brush with some milk. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes or till the potato crust has turned brown.
6) Serve hot with remaining sauce on the side.
If required, the sauce can be thinned down with the reserved fish stock.