Sour Cream Souffle
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoon)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Commercial Variety)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a 1 1/2-quart souffle dish and apply butter and sugar lightly on it.
3) Take aluminum foil and cut a piece from it long enough to circle the dish, but allowing a 1-inch overlap.
4) Fold this into thirds lengthwise and apply butter and sugar on one side.
5) Wrap foil so that it extends 3 inches above border with the buttered side against dish.
6) Fasten the foil with string.
7) Whip egg whites until they become stiff.
8) Add sugar to this, 1 tablespoon at a time, still beating to a stiff meringue.
9) Beat well egg yolks and salt and stir in flour and 1/2 cup sour cream.
10) Add in the left over sour cream, orange rind, and egg whites.
11) Pour the mixture to the prepared souffle dish.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until firm.
13) Before serving remove collar.
14) Serve immediately.