Individual Frozen Souffles
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a heavy saucepan and melt butter in it over low heat.
3) Mix in flour, salt, pepper, and mustard and cook for 1 minute.
4) Add milk slowly to this and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened.
5) Sprinkle cheese, stirring till it gets melted.
6) Cool slightly after removing the sauce from heat.
7) Whip egg yolks till they become thick and lemon colored.
8) First add and mix a bit of cheese sauce with the beaten yolks and then add this mixture into remaining cheese mixture and stir.
9) Whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks but not dry and mix into cheese mixture.
10) Take 6 buttered 1-cup souffle dishes and pour the mixture into it.
11) Freeze after covering it with a plastic wrap.
12) Arrange the frozen souffles on baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes till the souffles are lightly browned.
13) Serve warm.