Vegetable Souffle With Sweet Red Pepper Sauce
|For spinach filling|
|Whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped shallots||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh spinach||10 Ounce, washed, drained and stemmed|
|For tomato filling|
|Minced garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh tomato||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), peeled, seeded and diced|
|For cheese filling|
|Grated gruyere cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For pepper sauce|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (1/4 Stick)|
|Diced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Fresh button mushrooms||6|
|Fresh chives||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take a bowl, beat egg yolks, cream and egg whites thoroughly.
3. Place skillet with butter on medium heat and melt it. Sauté shallots for 3 minutes till translucent. Stir in spinach and sauté for 3 minutes till spinach wilts. Take off from heat, drain and mix with cream mixture. Add sugar, pepper and salt and keep aside the spinach filling.
4. In another bowl, beat egg yolks, cream and egg whites thoroughly.
5. Place skillet on medium heat and sauté onion, garlic, diced tomatoes and tomato paste, stirring intermittently, till mixture thickens. Add salt, sugar and pepper. Take off from heat, mix with cream mixture and keep aside the tomato filling.
6. Prepare a cheese filling by blending all necessary ingredients. Keep aside.
7. Take a terrine mold, grease with butter and line using parchment paper. Grease the parchment and keep the mold in water bath. Fill with spinach mixture and cook for half an hour till mixture turns firm. Spin the pan, halfway through, so that mixture is cooked evenly.
8. Add the tomato mixture till the pan is 2/3rd full and cook for 1 more hour, rotating once in 15 minutes. Use a knife and prick soufflé surface to release air.
9. Spread cheese mixture evenly on the surface to fill the mold. Continue to cook for 40 more minutes till mixture is firm.
10. Take off from pan and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
11. Place as saucepan on medium heat to melt 1 tbsp butter. Sauté bell pepper and onion to limp. Add wine and on high heat, reduce the mixture to 2/3rds. Blend in half and half and reduce the quantity to half, while sauce turns slightly thick.
12. Take a food processor with steel blade or blender, add the sauce to it and blend to a smooth puree.
13. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain the puree and add to a clean saucepan. Bring to boil, add salt and pepper to taste. Churn in rest 1 tbsp butter and keep aside.
14. Sauté mushrooms in a small pan on medium heat for a minute in butter.
15. On a serving plate, place the mold upside down and remove the pan. Discard the paper. Top with mushrooms and decorate with chopped chives.
16. Serve alongside pepper sauce.