|Gruyere cheese||6 Ounce|
|Light cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) With the pastry, line a pie plate which is 8-inches deep and refrigerate.
3) Cut the cheese into thin slices. If using packaged cheese slices, cut them into 2 inch strips.
4) Cut the bacon neatly into small pieces and fry it till it is crisp. Drain.
5) In the pie shell, arrange alternate layers of cheese strips and fried bacon. Sprinkle chopped onion all over.
6) Lightly beat the eggs and combine together with the nutmeg, cream and seasoning. Pour mixture all over the bacon and cheese layers.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, bring the heat down to 200 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes or till the custard is set and the pastry is done.
8) Serve hot.