|Red pepper/Yellow peppers||2|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Large|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1. Quarter the aubergines lengthwise and then dice into 1.5cm pieces
2. Slice the courgettes.
3. Peel peppers, using a vegetable peeler and dice.
4. Using the tip of a pointed knife, score a cross on the base on each tomato.
5. Place them in a large saucepan.
6. Cover tomatoes with boiling water and let stand for 20 seconds.
7. Drain and refresh with cold water.
8. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin.
9. Cut peeled tomatoes into quarters and scoop out the seeds.
10. Chop finely.
11. In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium flame.
12. Saute the aubergines in the hot oil for 5 minutes until evenly browned and soft. Remove onto a platter.
13. Add more oil and fry courgettes and remove along with aubergines.
14. In the remaining oil, add onion and garlic and sauté until soft and transparent.
15. Tip in the peppers and tomatoes and sauté for another few minutes till soft.
16. Splash in the red wine and stir in the sugar.
17. Return the fried aubergines and courgettes to the skillet.
18. Reduce heat and simmer until cooked.
19. Finally add the basil and season to taste.
20. Serve along with fish, meat or pasta.
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 34.8 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 7 g14.7%
Vitamin A 83.8% Vitamin C 234.1%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet