Plain Or French Omelette
|Unsalted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 (At Room Temperature)|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Take a 6 inch to 8 inch omelet pan, add butter and on low heat warm butter.
2. Using a fork, whisk eggs along with water, pepper and salt briskly or beat for about 20 to 30 seconds till mixture turns frothy.
3. Tilt the pan a little to coat with warm butter, add the egg mixture, increase the heat to medium. Using a fork, carefully lift the edges of the omelet and allow the uncooked portion from the center to flow to the bottom. Cook till omelet sets and the top is moist and creamy.
4. Remove from heat, using a fork, loosen the sides and transfer to a warm serving plate upside down.
5. Fold and serve or serve with a savory sauce of your choice.
1. Dab a little butter to the pan bottom if omelet sticks to the bottom.