Simple Clam Bisque
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Water cress||2 Tablespoon, finely shredded|
|Clams||1 Quart, shucked|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
1) Take a bowl and mince the onion in it.
2) Shred the water cress.
3) Chop the clams finely after draining them.
4) Mix milk and liquid from clams together to make it 3 cups in measure.
5) Take a blazer pan and heat butter in it.
6) Add the onion and sauté it until tender but take care to see that they do not brown.
7) Add the clams along with the liquid mixture and seasonings.
8) Cook for 10 minutes stirring infrequently with wooden spoon not letting it to boil.
9) Remove to bowls.
10) Serve with a green onion.