Sausage Stuffed French Bread
|Pork sausages/Italian sausages||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||6 Ounce|
|French bread loaf||16 Ounce (Unsliced)|
1) Set the oven to preheat 375°.
2) In a 10-inch skillet, add sausage to cook.
3) Discard the liquid and set aside.
4) Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
5) In the same skillet, add onion, green pepper, celery, and garlic in butter or margarine to cook until tender.
6) Add sausage and cheddar cheese.
7) Horizontally slice the bread to half.
8) Make space inside the bottom half to look like a boat.
9) Fill the space with sausage mixture.
10) Cover the bottom half with a top part.
11) Wrap with foil and place inside oven.
12) Bake the breads for 20 to 25 minutes.
13) Cut the bread in 2-inch slices before serving.