|Boneless beef chuck||5 Pound, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes|
|White onions||1 Pound, peeled (24 Small Sized Ones)|
|Small mushrooms||1 Pound|
|Potato flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Meat extract paste||5 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Burgundy||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ruby port||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|New potatoes||24 Small|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take an 8 quart Dutch oven that has a tight fitting lid. Place on slow heat, add 4 tbsp butter, heat it. Increase the heat to high, add beef cubes, a quarter each to cover oven bottom, and allow to evenly brown. Add more butter if required and repeat till all the beef is browned. Place all the browned beef in Dutch oven.
3. Take a small saucepan, add 4 tbsp brandy and heat till it starts vaporizing. Ignite the brandy and add the brown beef. Take out the beef and keep aside with dying flame.
4. Add butter, about 2 tbsp to the Dutch oven and heat a little. Stir in onions, cover and on low heat, cook to mildly brown onions. Stir in mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Take off from heat, mix meat extract paste, tomato paste and flour well with the mushroom mixture. Add sherry, Burgundy, beef broth and port to the mixture, place on heat, bring the mixture to boil. As it starts boil, take off from heat and stir in 2 bay leaves, pepper and beef.
6. Cover Dutch oven with waxed paper and then with the lid and bake the mixture, stirring now and then for about 45 minutes, slowly adding rest of the brandy occasionally. Throw away the liquid collected on paper top.
7. While the mixture bakes, scrub the potatoes keeping the skin intact. Add to saucepan, cover and cook for 10 minutes in boiling mild salted water. Drain, add to baked beef mixture, topping potatoes with the liquid.
8. Allow to cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
9. Take out from the refrigerator, cover and heat for 1 hour. Add wine, if require to make the sauce thin.
10. Garnish with 3 bay leaves and chopped parsley and serve.
1. The dish should be baked the previous day and allowed to chill overnight.