Ham Filled Crepes
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|All pupose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crepes||2 (either store bought or homemade)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Deli ham||4 Small, sliced|
|Scallions||2 Teaspoon, sliced|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease the baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook together, stirring vigorously to make a paste.
3. Using a whisk, stir in the chicken stock and milk. Let it thicken for about 1-2 minutes. (Make sure it doesn’t get too thick like a porridge. If it does, thin it out with more milk)
4. Turn off the heat and add in your Gruyere cheese. Season with salt if needed.
5. To assemble the crepes, place them on lightly greased baking sheets. Lightly spread with mustard on the bottom left quarter of each crepe.
6. Add two or three slices of deli ham, then top with a tablespoon of cheese sauce.
7. Fold the crepes in half, over the filling, then fold again into quarters, to make a triangular shape. Spoon another tablespoon of sauce on the tops of each of the folded crepes and spread it around a bit.
8. Bake for 5 minutes.
9. Turn on the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
10. Garnish with sliced scallions or any fresh herbs of your choice. And serve it hot with fresh vegetable salad.
Calories 600 Calories from Fat 346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.2%
Saturated Fat 22.3 g111.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg53.3%
Sodium 1055.5 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 37 g74.7%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 78% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet