Pan Fried Sea Bream With Ratatouille And Tomato Coulis
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , cut into 2 centimeter dice|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Red peppers||2 Large, deseeded and cut into 2 centimeter dice|
|Courgettes||2 Large, cut in half lengthways and cut into 2 centimeter dice|
|Aubergine||1 Medium, cut in half lengthways and cut into 2 centimeter dice|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||4 , chopped|
|Cherry tomatoes||7 Ounce (Very Ripe, 200 Gram)|
|Sugar||2 Pinch (If The Tomatoes Aren'T Ripe Enough)|
|Sea bream fillet||4 , descaled|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Drizzling)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F or 200 degree C
2. To make the tomato coulis, in a food processor or blender jar, combine the cherry tomatoes and olive oil.
3. Pulse the ingredients to blend into a smooth puree.
4. Taste the puree and add sugar according to the sweetness of the tomatoes.
5. Set the coulis aside.
6. To prepare the ratatouille, in a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
7. When the oil is hot, add the onions, garlic and thyme and sauté for 2 minutes until soft and transparent.
8. Add the peppers, courgettes, aubergine and seasonings. Continue to sauté till the vegetables are soft.
9. Stir in the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes into vegetables.
10. Cover the pan and simmer the vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened.
11. Taste for seasons, adjust if necessary then set the pan aside.
12. Using a sharp tipped knife, score the fish, making 3 shallow slits on each fillet.
13. Rub salt and pepper over the fish.
14. In a large oven proof skillet, heat oil over a high flame.
15. When the oil is hot, arrange the fish fillets in the pan, flesh side down first. Sear for 30 seconds until golden brown.
16. Flip the fillets over and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes.
17. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the fish for 3 to 4 minutes till cooked through.
18. Remove the fish from the oven and sprinkle the lime juice over the fillets.
19. To assemble the dish, on each of the 4 dinner plates, make a bed of the Ratatouille vegetables.
20. Carefully lift and place a fish fillet over the vegetables.
21. Spoon the coulis over the fish.
22. Drizzle a little olive oil if you like.