Anniversary Veal Ragout
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Pepper white||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless veal round steak||2 Pound (Cut Into 1 Inch Cubes)|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|New potatoes||8 Small|
|Italian plum tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), seeded and coarsely chopped (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped basil/1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Finely shredded orange peel||4 Teaspoon|
|Finely shredded lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced in half|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a small bowl, mix flour, paprika, salt and white pepper.
3. Put few veal cubes in the bowl and stir well to coat it fully.
4. Repeat the process with other cubes.
5. Take a 3-4 quart oven safe Dutch oven, heat butter in it and put veal in it.
6. Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes and avoid browning by stirring.
7. Once done, take the veal out and put aside.
8. Put potatoes, tomatoes, chicken broth, onions, shallots, cilantro, basil, garlic, orange peel and lemon peel and allow boiling.
9. Take an 8 inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter in it and put mushrooms halves.
10. Cook the mushrooms until soft.
11. Once done, keep aside.
12. Take the stew out from the oven.
13. Take a small saucepan; put 2 cups of stew in it with a spoon.
14. Pour cream gradually and blend continuously.
15. Let the mixture cook for 5 minutes, keep stirring.
16. Put the mixture in the Dutch oven and cook for 5 minutes until heated fully.
17. Serve in bowl, garnished with basil sprigs.