Green Beans Au Gratin
|Fresh green beans||1 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon, grated|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Chop off the strings from beans and cut it into pieces of ½ inch.
2. Rinse the beans so that the all impurities are removed.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. In a saucepan, heat butter on low flame and add flour, salt and mustard.
5. Stir well and cook for a minute.
6. Slowly add milk and keep stirring to form a thick mixture.
7. Add Swiss cheese and cook until it melts.
8. Mix cheese sauce with beans.
9. Take a 11/2 oiled quart casserole and put the bean and cheese mixture in it with a spoon.
10. Top it with paprika and Parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
11. Garnish with almonds and bake for 5- 10 more minutes.
12. Serve warm.