Pineapple Dessert Souffle
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Drained crushed pineapple||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Fresh mint leaves||4|
1) Combine the gelatin and water together and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
2) In top of a double boiler, beat the egg yold lightly and stir in the juice, lemon rind, salt and sugar.
3) Cook the mixture over boiling water till it has thickened, constantly stirring.
4) Remove mixture from the heart and add the gelatin, Stir properly till gelatin has dissolved.
5) Add the pineapple and set aside to cool till the concoction has thickened slightly. This generally takes about 30 minutes.
6) Beat the egg white when they are at room temperature till the stiff peaks are formed.
7) Fold the whipped cream and stiff egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
8) Pour the concoction into 6-cup ring mold which has been oiled lightly. Allow to chill overnight.
9) On a serving platter, unmold the preparation and serve chilled, garnished with pineapple chunks and fresh mint leaves if preferred.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 240.3 mg80.1%
Sodium 239.3 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 42.9 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet