|Boneless chuck||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Pared carrots||6 Small, cut into 1/2 inch chunks|
|Peeled tomatoes||4 , quartered|
|White onions||12 Small|
|Sliced mushrooms/Canned mushroom stems and pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||4 , sliced|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Dissolve the bouillon cube in 1 cup boiling water.
2. Use a large skillet,
3. Heat butter in skillet, over medium flame.
4. When butter begins to froth, add meat and sauté for 5 minutes until evenly browned on all sides.
5. Add prepared stock and salt to the meat.
6. Cover the skillet and simmer meat for 30 minutes.
7. Skim the fat that surfaces, add the carrots, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and celery to the stew.
8. Arrange the stuffed steak rolls and throw in the diced carrots.
9. Pour 1 cup water to moisten the steaks.
10. Skim the fat that surfaces, add the carrots, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and celery to the stew.
11. Cover the skillet and simmer for another 30 minutes until the meat and vegetables are fork tender.
12. Ladle the Ragout into soup plates and garnish with snipped parsley.
Calories 949 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.9 mg3.6%
Sodium 2443.8 mg101.8%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.5%
Sugars 49.9 g
Protein 76 g152%
Vitamin A 565.4% Vitamin C 182.5%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet