Quiche Lorraine With Light Cream
|Crisp cooked bacon||1⁄2 Pound, crumbled|
|Gruyere cheese/Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Pound, coarsely grated|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Light cream||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) Prepare and roll the pastry into a 12 inch circle, and place in a 9 inch pie pan with a high fluted edge.
3) Evenly prick the pastry all over with a fork, then place a wax paper and add rice grains or dried beans.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until firm, then place on a wire rack to cool. Discard the paper and rice or beans.
5) Sprinkle the pie shell evenly with the bacon and cheese.
6) Combine rest of the ingredients together and sieve the mixture.
7) Place the pie shell over the oven rack and pour in the egg mixture.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 425° F for 15 minutes. Lower the heat to 350° F and bake for further 10-15 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool for 8-10 minutes.
9) Slice into wedges and serve as an appetizer or with lunch.