Chocolate Molten Souffle
|For white chocolate sauce|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped white chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light rum||2 Tablespoon|
|For chocolate souffle|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Bittersweet chocolate||18 Ounce, melted|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Fresh raspberries||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Make the white chocolate sauce in a small saucepan.
2. Combine cream and sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Take pan off the heat and stir in the white chocolate until melted and blended with the cream. Pour in the rum and stir into sauce. Keep aside until required.
4. Heat oven to 400°F
5. Generously butter 6 individual soufflé cups
6. Combine eggs and sugar in a medium jar of a food processor and pulse until blended.
7. Add, butter, flour and chocolate individually and process each time for 30 seconds to get a smooth and velvety batter.
8. Divide batter into the 6 greased soufflé cups.
9. Bake the soufflés for 10 to 15 minutes until the crust is hard but center remains soft and molten.
10. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Invert and tap mold sharply to unmold.
11. Using a sauce boat or a sauce bottle, make a pool of white chocolate sauce in the center of each of the 6 dessert plates.
12. Place soufflé cakes bed of white chocolate and dust with icing sugar.
13. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Calories 1070 Calories from Fat 532
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.9%
Saturated Fat 38 g189.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.9 mg85.3%
Sodium 126.5 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 99.5 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet