Yam Pecan Souffle
|Pineapple orange/Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Canned yams||1 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and mashed (1 Can, 1 Pound 8 Ounce)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, blend cornstarch with 1/3 cup fruit juice and add remaining juice and the brown sugar.
3. Place pan on a medium flame and simmer stirring for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens.
4. In the mean time, beat egg yolks lightly and add a few spoons of hot fruit sauce to them.
5. Tip into the sauce in the pan and cook stirring for 1 minute.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine yams and sauce.
7. Add seasonings and pecans and mix well
8. In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites with a wire whisk until stiff.
9. Gently fold into yam mixture.
10. Turn into a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish.
11. Place on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until slightly risen and lightly browned.
12. Serve from the casserole, straight from the oven.