1) Smash a clove of garlic and chop finely.
2) In a bowl, combine the chopped garlic, grainy dijon mustard and red wine vinegar together.
3) Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream until nicely blended.
4) Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
5) Use the French vinaigrette for salads or as desired.
For a slight variation in flavor, add sugar or honey for sweetness or add some chopped shallots or fresh herbs of your choice.
A classic French vinaigrette is an asset to every kitchen. You can use the whole amount or can store in refrigerator for later usage. Preparing this vinaigrette is so easy that anyone can do that. You can make variations by adding various ingredients as per the chef's tips. So, follow the instructions and prepare the classic vinaigrette at your own kitchen.