FRENCH CUCUMBER SOUP
|Lettuce||1 Small, shredded|
|White stock||2 Pint|
|Hot milk||1⁄2 Pint|
|Lemon verbena leaves||2|
|Corn flour||50 Gram|
1. Peel and slice the cucumbers.
2. Add salt and keep it aside for a few minutes. Remove the liquid.
3. In a casserole, take drained cucumber, lettuce and herbs. Cook gently over a very low flame till cucumber becomes tender.
4. Add stock and thicken with corn flour. Let it stand in a hot place so that the soup thickens without boiling. Remember to keep stirring to maintain a smooth texture.
5. Add hot milk and cream. Check for seasoning.
6. Reheat but do not boil as this will make the cucumber bitter.
7. To serve French Cucumber Soup, top with chopped chives.