|Chuck steak||2 Pound, cut into cubes (900 Gram)|
|Red wine||18 Fluid Ounce (500 Milliliter)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Diced bacon||4 Ounce (Or 100 Gram Lardons)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Beef stock/Game stock||9 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Button mushrooms||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1) In a large bowl, marinate the beef in the wine, thyme, bay and garlic for at least 2 hrs, ideally overnight.
2) Set your oven to preheat at 160C/fan 140C/ gas 3.
3) In a flameproof casserole, fry the bacon in oil until crisp.
4) Drain the beef, reserving the marinade. Add beef to the pan, brown on all sides, then remove using a slotted spoon.
5) Add onion and carrot to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
6) Return back beef, season and sprinkle with flour. Cook for another 2 minutes.
7) Stir in tomato puree and cook for another 4 minutes.
8) Pour in marinade and stock, cover with a lid.
9) Place inside the oven and cook for 2 hrs.
10) In a pan, add half butter to brown the mushrooms.
11) In another pan, add remaining butter and caramelize the shallots.
12) In a new pan, strain the beef sauce. Bring it to a boil and reduce by half.
13) Pour this into the casserole, along with mushrooms and shallots.
14) Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
15) Serve with creamy mash.
Calories 1283 Calories from Fat 980
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.5%
Saturated Fat 25 g125.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.3 mg41.8%
Sodium 458.3 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 31 g61.1%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 33.5%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet