|Chuck steak||2 Pound, cut into cubes (900 Gram)|
|Red wine||18 Fluid Ounce (500 Milliliter)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Diced bacon||4 Ounce (Or 100 Gram Lardons)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Beef stock/Game stock||9 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Button mushrooms||10 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1) In a large bowl, marinate the beef in the wine, thyme, bay and garlic for at least 2 hrs, ideally overnight.
2) Set your oven to preheat at 160C/fan 140C/ gas 3.
3) In a flameproof casserole, fry the bacon in oil until crisp.
4) Drain the beef, reserving the marinade. Add beef to the pan, brown on all sides, then remove using a slotted spoon.
5) Add onion and carrot to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
6) Return back beef, season and sprinkle with flour. Cook for another 2 minutes.
7) Stir in tomato puree and cook for another 4 minutes.
8) Pour in marinade and stock, cover with a lid.
9) Place inside the oven and cook for 2 hrs.
10) In a pan, add half butter to brown the mushrooms.
11) In another pan, add remaining butter and caramelize the shallots.
12) In a new pan, strain the beef sauce. Bring it to a boil and reduce by half.
13) Pour this into the casserole, along with mushrooms and shallots.
14) Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
15) Serve with creamy mash.