Fruit Soup With Burgundy
|Canned pitted dark sweet cherries||17 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sparkling burgundy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream/Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1. Take a medium heavy bottomed saucepan.
2. Empty can of cherries into the pan and stir in orange rind, cinnamon, salt and cornstarch until corn starch is well blended.
3. Place on a low flame and bring liquid to a boil, stirring constantly until the soup thickens. Put off the flame and allow the soup to stand.
4. Segment orange and squeeze the juice from the membrane into the soup.
5. Place the soup in the refrigerator to chill.
6. Just before serving, pour chilled Sparkling Burgundy into the soup.
7. Pour the chilled soup into sherbet glasses or into chilled consommé cups.
8. Add orange segments.
9. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream or whipped cream, if desired.