Mornay Sauce (French Cheese Sauce)
|Cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Celery||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Mustard seeds||To Taste (for seasoning)|
1. In a pan, take milk. Heat it.
2. Add chopped onion, celery and carrot. Cook till vegetables turn tender and leave it in a warm place.
3. In another pan, melt butter.
4. Remove from heat and add flour.
5. Gradually add strained milk, while stirring continuously. Bring it to a boil. Stir continuously. Cook it till becomes a smooth consistency.
6. Add salt and season with salt, pepper and mustard.
7. Add grated cheese and stir till it melts.
8. Serve Mornay Sauce with vegetable dishes.