French Pot Au Feu
|Beef ribs||3 Pound|
|Cold water||3 Quart|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||3 , peeled|
|Turnip||1 Small, peeled and halved|
|Leeks||2 Large, cleaned|
|Onions||3 , peeled, a clove stuck in each|
|Parsnip||1 Medium, peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chervil||3 (3 Branches)|
1) In a soup kettle, place the meat at the bottom.
2) Pour water and season with coarse salt.
3) Set the heat at medium flame and place the soup kettle over it to bring a boil.
4) Use a skimmer to remove the scum occasionally.
5) Add ½ cup of cold water, when the liquid reaches to rapid boil.
6) Now add the remaining ingredients and bring back to boiling.
7) Cover the kettle with a lid and leave 1-inch gap for a lighter bouillon.
8) Simmer the liquid over low for 2-3 hours or until the meat turns tender.
9) Transfer the meat into a plate and serve hot with pot-au-feu vegetables and boiled potatoes sprinkled with chervil or parsley. To eat cold, use by garnishing with French dressing, chopped parsley and chopped small onions.