French Braised Beef
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Onions||4 , sliced|
|Carrots||4 , cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Beef||6 Pound (Top Or Bottom Round)|
1) Take a cast iron pan and put all the ingredients in it.
2) Turn on the flame and cook on medium to high heat until the salt pork gets browned.
3) Stir occasionally to sear the meat evenly on all sides.
4) Cover the pan and cook for a duration of 2-3 hours or until the meat becomes soft.
5) Do not add any liquid as the beef will be cooked in its own juice.
6) Serve hot with side dishes of your choice.