French Braised Beef
|Salt pork||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Onions||4 , sliced|
|Carrots||4 , cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Beef||6 Pound (Top Or Bottom Round)|
1) Take a cast iron pan and put all the ingredients in it.
2) Turn on the flame and cook on medium to high heat until the salt pork gets browned.
3) Stir occasionally to sear the meat evenly on all sides.
4) Cover the pan and cook for a duration of 2-3 hours or until the meat becomes soft.
5) Do not add any liquid as the beef will be cooked in its own juice.
6) Serve hot with side dishes of your choice.
Calories 1623 Calories from Fat 940
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.4%
Saturated Fat 39.9 g199.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 446.3 mg148.8%
Sodium 820.1 mg34.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 144 g287.2%
Vitamin A 204.8% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 79.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet