Classic Chicken Liver Pate
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Melted butter/Rendered chicken fat||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||4 Tablespoon, grated|
|Dry mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Thoroughly wash livers to remove any discolored areas.
2) In a saucepan, pour in water to cover the livers along with the onion.
3) Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
4) Reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan with lid and simmer for another 20 minutes.
5) Bring out the livers by discarding the liquid and onions.
6) In a food chopper, grind livers to a smooth paste, by blending for 3 times.
7) Add chicken fat, grated onion, salt, pepper, mace, mustard, brandy and tarragon to the blended livers. Mix well to a smooth consistency.
8) Take a mold or attractive dish and press this paste firmly inside it.
9) Place this inside the refrigerator to chill down for at least 3 hours.
10) In a serving plate, turn out the mold to slice off in 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness.
11) Add crusty French bread along with pate and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1822 Calories from Fat 1359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g237.9%
Saturated Fat 90.5 g452.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 1913.4 mg637.8%
Sodium 4247.4 mg177%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 81 g162.4%
Vitamin A 1087.2% Vitamin C 161.2%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 233.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet