Classic Chicken Liver Pate
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Melted butter/Rendered chicken fat||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||4 Tablespoon, grated|
|Dry mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Thoroughly wash livers to remove any discolored areas.
2) In a saucepan, pour in water to cover the livers along with the onion.
3) Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
4) Reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan with lid and simmer for another 20 minutes.
5) Bring out the livers by discarding the liquid and onions.
6) In a food chopper, grind livers to a smooth paste, by blending for 3 times.
7) Add chicken fat, grated onion, salt, pepper, mace, mustard, brandy and tarragon to the blended livers. Mix well to a smooth consistency.
8) Take a mold or attractive dish and press this paste firmly inside it.
9) Place this inside the refrigerator to chill down for at least 3 hours.
10) In a serving plate, turn out the mold to slice off in 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness.
11) Add crusty French bread along with pate and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper to serve.