Gateau Saint Honore
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Double cream puff pastry||1|
1. Line 2 baking sheets with baking or greaseproof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
4. Cut chilled butter into small cubes and add to the flour. Using your finger tips, rub the butter into the flour until mixture resembles cake crumbs.
5. Add ice water and stir gently using a spatula or a palette knife to bind and make a stiff dough
6. Cover dough with cling film and rest for 10 minutes.
7. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough into a 9-inch circle
8. Place on the baking sheet.
9. Spoon half the cream puff pastry in a pastry bag fitted with a plain nozzle.
10. Pipe around the edge of the circle about 3/4 inch thick.
11. Brush the pastry with an egg wash made by combining egg and milk
12. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
13. Remove from oven and slide onto wire racks to cool.
14. Pipe remaining puff paste on cookie sheet into walnut size puffs
15. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes till golden brown
16. Fill the pastry with desired dessert filling like custard cream or whipped and flavored cream and fill the small puffs with whipped cream and dip in chocolate.