Ratatouille Vegetable Grill
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Aubergine||1 Medium (Eggplant)|
|Courgettes||2 Medium (Zucchini)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||14 Ounce (800 Gram, 1 Can)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon (Paste)|
|Potatoes||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||2 3⁄4 Ounce, grated (75 Gram)|
|Snipped chives||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the grill ot broiler to medium.
2) Peel and chop the garlic and onions finely. Also rinse, deseed and slice the peppers into equal sized pieces.
3) Rinse, trim and dice the aubergine into small pieces and the courgettes into thin slices.
4) Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
5) In a saucepan, boil the potatoes in water and cook for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain well and keep aside until needed.
6) In another pan, place the onion, garlic and peppers. Then stir in the tomatoes, bouquet garni, tomato puree and season to taste. Allow the mixture to the boil, then simmer covered for about 10 minutes, stir in between.
7) Stir in the aubergine and courgettes, stir and cook without the lid for 10 minutes.
8) In a heatproof gratin dish, spread the vegetables at the bottom, then place the cooked potatoes evenly over the vegetables.
9) Sprinkle the grated cheese over the potatoes and keep under the grill for about 5 minutes until golden, bubbling and thoroughly heated .
10) Garnish with the freshly snipped chives and serve immediately.