Duck A L Orange
|Ducks||5 Pound (2.5 Kilogram)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Orange sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Duck stock||12 Fluid Ounce (375 Milliliter)|
|Cornflour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, blended|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Port||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Orange flavored liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat your oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas 7.
2) Prepare the ducks by removing extra fat from the body. Put orange rind inside the cavities and season according to your taste.
3) Take a baking dish, and place the ducks as breast-side-up.
4) Place the baking dish inside the oven and bake the ducks for at least 20 minutes or until the ducks start to release fat and get brown.
5) Bring out the baking dish to drain out the fat and return back to the oven.
6) Reduce the temperature of oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas 5. Continue roasting for another 1 hour or so, until thoroughly cooked.
7) Keep the ducks in warm condition. Drain out excess fat from the pan by leaving the juices.
8) Place the baking dish over moderate heat and add port. Simmer the juices until it reduces to half.
9) Take a saucepan to prepare the sauce. Heat up the saucepan over high heat and stir in vinegar and sugar to a thick consistency.
10) Remove the saucepan from heat and slowly add stock to the saucepan by stirring.
11) Return the saucepan over heat and bring the sauce to a boil.
12) Add corn-flour mixture and orange rind to the sauce and allow it to thicken.
13) Strain the juices from the baking dish to the orange sauce and bring the liquid to a simmer.
14) Add liqueur to the saucepan and season the sauce according to your taste.
15) Add butter to the sauce and stir in to melt.
16) Place the ducks on the serving plate and cut into serving portions. Glaze with the sauce and serve.