Jellied Tomato Juice Consomme
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Consomme||21 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Celery||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
1. In a saucepan, combine the tomato juice, consomme, celery, bay leaf, onion and cloves.
2. Place on a medium flame and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the liquid.
5. Add hot water if required to equal 8 cups of liquid.
6. Stir lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and gelatin into the hot liquid and keep stirring until the gelatin has dissolved.
7. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
8. When semi-set, remove from refrigerator and whisk lightly with a fork.
9. Return to the refrigerator until set.
10. Spoon the jelly into chilled cocktail glasses or consommé cups.
11. Garnish with slice of lemon or with a dollop of whipped cream.