Spiced French Onion Soup
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onions||1 Pound, sliced (450 Gram)|
|Cornflour||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Beef stock cubes||2|
|Bread croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a microwaveable dish, melt butter in microwave on HIGH for 1 minute
2. To the hot butter, add onions and sauté.
3. Return to the microwave for another 5 minutes, sautéing after every 2 minutes
4. Add corn starch to onions and stir, then crumble stock cube and add water. Stir well.
5. Add seasoning according to taste
6. Place in the microwave and cook for another 5 minutes on HIGH power, stirring after every 2 minutes.
7. Ladle soup into consommé cups or soup dishes.
8. Place a French bread crouton in each bowl.
9. Top crouton with cheese.
10. Place bowls in the microwave for 1 minute until cheese melts.
11. Serve immediately