|Beef top round/Beef shoulder||4 Pound|
|Salt pork slice||4 , diced|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Leek||1 , thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound (Use whole or sliced)|
1) Take the meat and cut it into 1 ½ to 2-inch sized cubes.
2) Take out the extra fat and bones from it.
3) Take some flour and roll the cubed meat pieces in it.
4) Take an enameled or black cast iron saucepan and melt the diced salt pork in it.
5) Add the meat to the lard and brown them nicely over high heat.
6) Add the thyme, parsley, garlic and thinly sliced leek to it.
7) Season with salt and pepper.
8) Mix it well and cover the ingredients with red wine before bringing it to a boil.
9) Cover the saucepan and cook over low heat until the meat becomes tender.
10) Take another pan and melt the butter until it becomes nutty brown in color.
11) Add the sliced or whole mushrooms to it.
12) Cook for 2 minutes over low heat stirring constantly.
13) Add it to the beef.
14) Blend flour with cold water and add it to thicken the sauce.
15) Check the seasoning.
16) Stir fry small onions in butter and serve it along with the dish in accompaniment to boiled potatoes.