French Quarter Green Beans
|Frozen french style green beans||27 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Slivered almonds||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Preheat the oven by setting it at 375°.
2) Take a pan and cook the green beans according to the instructions given in the package. Drain it properly.
3) Take a Dutch oven and melt the margarine in it before adding the cream cheese along with the soup.
4) Cook over low fire, stirring all the time until the cheese melts giving the mixture a smooth consistency.
5) Remove the pan from heat and add the green beans, water chestnuts, flakes of onions, garlic and Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Take a casserole measuring 2 quarts and lightly grease it before adding the mixture to it with the help of a spoon.
7) Sprinkle it with paprika and add almonds on the top.
8) Bake it by placing it in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes in an uncovered state.
9) Serve hot.