Simple Chicken Marengo With White Wine
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Spaghetti sauce mix||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the spaghetti sauce mix, tomatoes and wine. Keep aside
2. Arrange chicken pieces in a large microwavable dish in a single layer with the skin side up.
3. Cover the dish with cling film or baking paper.
4. Place in the microwave and cook at HIGH for 10 minutes.
5. Turn the chicken pieces over and drain out the juices and fat.
6. Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken.
7. Scatter the sliced mushrooms on top.
8. Cover the dish again and return to the microwave.
9. Reduce the microwave power to 7.
10. Cook the chicken for 20 to 23 minutes, turning the pieces after 10 minutes, until chicken it tender.
11. Remove and allow the chicken to stand covered for 5 minutes.
12. Serve the chicken with sauce over rice or pasta.
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.6 mg42.5%
Sodium 223.5 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 34 g67.1%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 4% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet