French Peach Pie
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced fresh peaches||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Take a large clean bowl and sift salt and flour together.
3) Using 2 knives or pastry blender, cut in the shortening in the bowl.
4) Take a cup and scoop out 1/2 a cup of flour-shortening mixture from the bowl and put it aside.
5) Take a large fork and mix the ingredients in the bowl, drizzling cold water from time to time. Mix well until dough is moist enough to hold itself together and then form a ball.
6) On a lightly floured board, roll out the ball to fit loosely into a 9 inch pie plate. Seal and flute the edges of the plate.
7) Now, take a clean bowl and mix sugar, lemon juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar. peaches and cornstarch. Toss gently.
8) Spread this mixture on the pie shell.
9) Next, Mix together the reserved 1/2 cup flour mixture and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Drizzle this over the peach filling.
10) Lastly, place the pie plate in the preheated oven and bake the shell for about 45-50 minutes.
11) Allow the pie to cool down and serve as desired.