Baked Shell Pasta with Ratatouille
|Aubergines||250 Gram (Long Sized)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/2 Teaspoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Shell pasta||350 Gram, cooked al dente|
|Bechamel sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , lightly beaten|
|Grated cheddar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||50 Gram|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Grease a baking dish or casserole with oil or butter.
3. Peel the onions and cut into quarters then separate the segments.
4. Peel the zucchini.
5. Slice the zucchini and aubergines into half lengthwise and then into ½-inch slices.
6. Sprinkle salt over them and place on a wire rack for 30 minutes to drain.
7. Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes and peel the skin.
8. Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the pulp and seeds and discard.
9. Dice the tomatoes.
10. In a wok or cast iron skillet, heat oil on a medium flame.
11. When oil is hot, add onions, then zucchini and aubergines and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Drain the vegetables on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
13. Add the tomatoes and stir fry for 1 minute and remove into a large bowl.
14. Transfer the drained vegetables into the bowl with tomatoes.
15. Add the salt, garlic and parsley and pasta and toss to mix well.
16. In another bowl, combine the béchamel sauce, eggs and Cheddar. Whisk with a wire whisk until well blended into a smooth sauce.
17. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and pasta and toss and then turn into the greased casserole dish.
18. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the melted butter. Scatter this mixture over the pasta.
19. Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Calories 1523 Calories from Fat 918
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.9%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g153%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257 mg85.7%
Sodium 1809.6 mg75.4%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.4%
Sugars 24.6 g
Protein 42 g83.1%
Vitamin A 68.2% Vitamin C 86.4%
Calcium 73.5% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet