Don't be afraid of making macarons, with this video I will prove how simple it is to make them =)
This tutorial approaches the classic french meringue method, learn step by step how to make a perfect macaron with a delicious filling. On my second tutorial you will learn how every single ingredient affect your macaron and the most common mistakes people make when making french macarons.
For the shell:
For the filling:
1. Break 2 egg whites in a bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 280 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line a tray with parchment paper.
4. For the shell: In a blender, add almonds, pistachios and confectionery sugar and grind together and set aside.
5. Add the cold egg whites into the mixer and whip. Add granulated sugar and continue to whip until peaks are formed.
6. Fold in the pistachio-almond-sugar mix into the egg whites.
7. Place the mix into a pastry bag.
8. Squeeze the macaroons onto the parchment paper and set aside for an hour.
9. For the filling: In a pan on medium heat, add condensed milk, butter, vanilla and stir. Stir constantly.
10. Add heavy cream when the mix is coming off the pan and continue to stir for 2 more minutes. Then, take off the heat and let it cool.
11. Pop the macaroons into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and remove the macaroons from the parchment paper.
13. Spoon some of the filling onto a macaroon and close with another macaroon.